Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies! Fudgy beet red brownies deliciously swirled with dairy-free cream cheese. Easy, healthy, and holiday perfect!
- 1/2 cup (125g) almond butter*
- 2/3 cup (150g) cane sugar**
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g Love Beets Organic Cooked Beets
- 1/2 cup (120g) almond milk
- 3/4 cup (105g) cassava flour
- 1/4 cup (25g) cacao powder
- 1/4 cup (45g) Love Beets Beet Powder***
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup (60g) dairy-free cream cheese
- 1/4 cup (60g) dairy-free yogurt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Blend the beets, almond butter, flax egg, vanilla, and almond milk until smooth.
- Add the sugar, flour, baking powder, cacao powder, beet powder, and salt. Blend until just combined, don’t over blend.
- Spread into a greased 9×9″ square pan.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the cheesecake swirl until smooth and creamy.
- Dollop on top of the brownie batter. Swirl in with a chopstick or handle of a spoon.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350ºF.
- Cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing (they will be too gooey when warm).
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
*Or any nut/seed butter, but neutral flavored is best.
**You can use coconut sugar, but it will make the color darker and less red.
***Or more flour, but the color won’t be as bright.
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 182
- Sugar: 13g
- Sodium: 135mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 4g
Keywords: baking, bars, beets, chocolate, christmas, cream cheese, dairy-free, dessert, egg-free, grain-free, healthy, vanilla