Vegan vanilla frosting with that wonderfully creamy thick texture, but without refined sugar, butter, or oil. This unconventionally delicious icing is made with just 4 healthy ingredients and perfect for topping cakes, cupcakes, cookies, and more!
- 1 cup baked and mashed Japanese sweet potato*
- 2–3 tbsp maple syrup
- 4–5 tbsps nondairy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder
- Combine all the ingredients except for the nondairy milk in a food processor.
- Process, adding nondairy milk one tablespoon at a time until it is creamy and smooth. It may take a while to get rid of all the lumps (up to 2 or 3 minutes of processing time).
- Pipe or spread onto your cake/bread/cookie and enjoy. It is best used immediately after making as it will become much more firm and difficult to spread in the fridge.
As there seems to be some confusion, by Japanese sweet potato I am referring to the kind with the white flesh and purple skin. Like this.