The best light fluffy quinoa pancakes! So easy—just 6 ingredients and made in the blender. If you’ve never tried quinoa flour, start with this breakfast!
- 1/2 cup (130g) unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup (120g) non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1 1/2 cup (185g) quinoa flour (see notes for making your own)
- Add all the ingredients to a blender.
- Blend on low until combine, stopping to stir as necessary. Don’t over-blend.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat (I recommend spraying it lightly just to make sure they don’t stick).
- Drop about 1/4 cup of batter into the pan and spread into a circle.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes over medium heat or until you can easily slide a spatula underneath. Flip and cook for 2-3 minutes on the second side. Remove from the pan.
- Repeat until all the batter is used up. I got about 8 medium sized pancakes.
- Add toppings of choice (fruit, nuts, seeds, chocolate chips, nut butter, maple syrup, etc.) and enjoy!
For an oat flour version, try THIS recipe instead.
Keywords: breakfast, easy, vegan, protein, gluten-free