Irresistibly yummy Chocolate Crinkle Cookies with a chewy brownie-rich cookie covered in powdered coconut “sugar” for an easy healthier holiday dessert. Vegan, gluten-free, and paleo!
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Prepare the flax egg and set aside to gel.
- Melt the Hu Gems.
- Stir in the coconut sugar, maple syrup (make sure it’s at room temp), flax egg, vanilla.
- Add the almond flour, cacao powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix to form a thick dough.
- Scoop and roll into balls.
- Blend the coconut until super fine/powdery (don’t blend too long/high or it will start to turn into coconut butter).
- Roll each ball in coconut. Arrange on a lined baking sheet (do not flatten).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350ºF.
- Cool then eat!
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge, or freeze for longer storage.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 193
- Sugar: 15g
- Sodium: 114mg
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: baking, christmas, coconut, dairy-free, egg-free, healthy, holiday, sugar-free