The fluffiest vegan buckwheat pancakes – made with dairy-free yogurt for protein and loaded with chocolate chips, they are the perfect easy breakfast or brunch!
- 3/4 cup (170g) non-dairy yogurt*
- 1/4 cup (60g) non-dairy milk
- 1 cup (160g) buckwheat flour**
- 1–2 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, combine the yogurt, milk, vanilla, and maple syrup. Whisk.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Stir to form a thick batter, but do not over mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat (I still spray it lightly with coconut oil just in case!).
- Drop about 1/4 cup of batter into the pan and spread into a circle. Not too thin or the pancakes won’t be as fluffy.
- Cook until the edges are starting to look brown and you can easily slide a spatula underneath (3-4 minutes). Flip and cook for 2-3 minutes on the second side.
- Repeat until all the batter is gone. I got 6 medium sized pancakes.
- Top with fruit, nut butter, coconut, maple syrup, etc. Enjoy!
*I have tested them with almond and cashew yogurt, both worked perfectly. You can use other dairy-free or dairy yogurts, although if quite thick (like greek yogurt) consider using less yogurt and more milk (1/2 cup of each).
**Either ground from raw buckwheat groats or store-bought raw buckwheat flour. Do not use toasted, that will yield a much darker color and intense nutty buckwheat flavor.
Keywords: breakfast, gluten-free, vegan, fluffy, easy