A magenta mix of berries blanketed with oil-free oat streusel makes these Coconut Berry Crumble Bars an easy healthy snack or dessert with ice cream on top!
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup date paste
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger ((or cinnamon))
- Pinch of salt ((optional))
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 2 tsps arrowroot starch ((cornstarch or tapioca starch works too))
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Optional: 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for the crust. Stir to combine.
- Press half of the crust mixture into the bottom of an 8×5″ baking dish (or a loaf pan) lined with parchment paper. Save the other half for topping.
- In a blender or food processor, combine all the filling ingredients. Blend until the berries are broken down into small pebble-sized chunks.
- Pour the berry mixture on top of the crust. Press down firmly.
- Crumble the remaining half of the crust mixture on top pressing down lightly.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350F or until the top is golden brown.
- Cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving with optional ice cream. Keep leftovers in the fridge for up to a week.